5 Steps To Weight Loss
Here are 5 simple steps that will help you lose weight and obtain better health!
1. Eat More Fiber - Fiber is important for many reasons, we have a video about it in our course. Fiber is only found in plants. The best way to get more fiber is to eat more plants.
2. Eat More Whole-Foods - Fruits and vegetables are great, but you will also need sweet potatoes, whole-wheat pasta, and brown rice to keep from feeling hungry. (see Dr. McDougall's Starch Solution)
3. Reduce Saturated Fats - Most of our saturated fat comes from meat and dairy products. The best way to reduce saturated fat is to eat more plants. Olive oil is not a plant, it's 100% processed saturated fat (read the label). Cut back on chicken and fish, like red meat they are loaded with saturated fat.
4. Reduce Processed Foods - The best way to avoid them is to stop buying them. It's also a good idea to fix your own meals, restaurant food tends to be loaded with saturated fat and salt.
5. Exercise - Start by walking, you don't need to do too much. Weight loss is more about nutrition than exercise. Find a form of exercise you enjoy and make it a habit.
"Eat food, not too much, mostly plants."
- Michael Pollan
Dr. Michael Gregor
Evidence-Based Weight Loss presentation from his new book How Not to Diet.
High Carb Hannah
Hannah lost 70 pounds after she switched to a high carb diet and has documented her journey on YouTube. She now has over 640,000 followers on YouTube because she does such a great job explaining what healthy carbs to eat and what unhealthy carbs to avoid. She also shows how to cook amazing inexpensive meals that taste great. >>YouTube link>>
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
Overweight, loaded up on steroids and suffering from a debilitating autoimmune disease, Joe Cross was at the end of his rope and the end of his hope. With doctors and conventional medicine unable to help, Joe traded in junk food and hit the road with a juicer and generator in tow, vowing only to drink fresh fruit and vegetable juice for 60 days. Across 3,000 miles Joe had one goal in mind: To get off his pills and achieve a balanced lifestyle.
The Starch Solution
What food habits do all great civilizations have in common? Dr. John McDougall suggests that starch-based diets are the foods humans were born to eat. He has been studying, writing, and speaking out about the effects of nutrition on disease for over 40 years and is a bestselling author of several titles, including The Starch Solution.
Your Body in Balance
In this interview with Rich Roll, Dr. Neal Barnard explains the new science of how hormones are wreaking havoc on the body, and the delicious solution that improves health, reduces pain, and even helps to shed weight.
Lose Weight for Good
Dr. Anthony Lim, medical director of the McDougall Program and staff physician at TrueNorth Health Center in Santa Rosa, California, shares his extensive knowledge and practical advice on how to create a healthier relationship with food and achieve lasting weight loss. This is a recording of the live webinar from Jan. 15, 2020.